Tuesday 12 August 2014

Message of death gave me reflections

Robin Williams (1951-2014)...

I have seen many of the films he was in, but the one I foremost associate with him i Dead Poets Society. The film was on the cinema at that time, but my class had to go to an private sitting at the cinema in Trollhättan during school day. In class, I know it was talked about this film sounded terribly boring. More action, please.

But the film was okay, as well as I can remember. It is not a film I have seen 111 times, actually I don't like to watch things more than once - done is done. So why do I associate Robin Williams foremost with this film? I was thinking about it and probably it was from this film I "learnt to know" the actor in the first place. If I have a look at the films he did before Dead Poets Society, I can't say I have seen any of them.

Good Morning Vietnamn... all should have seen that one? Mork & Mindy? No, obvisously not me. I was 13 when the former came. I didn't go that much to the cinema at that time. And the film has never got me interested after that. When Mork & Mindy came in 1982, I was 8 years old. I do not remember that one.

So from this message that Robin Williams had died, is that you (at least me apparantly) probably associate actors to the film they first attracted your attention for the first time. I'm going to keep an eye on that specific part of psychology. Interesting observations.

No comments:

Post a Comment