Saturday 9 August 2014

Photograph prohibitions are litter to me

Forbidden to take photos... copyright, things sensitive for camera flashes.

Those world exhibitions coming to Sweden... nice, but you're not allowed to take photos. First, I saw it with Harry Potter and now Titanic. I'm not impressed. But I have seen it before.

When I was in the local museum of Carlisle, Cumbria, Tullie's, I was informed I wasn't allowed to photograph. It went so far, I had to sign a paper to be able to study texts and things in peace and quiet at home. That is how I learn. My brain is too much of a scanner when out among people and I am on pins to stay very long at one object. Hence, I want to photograph signs and things to be able to relive the museum visit all over again - at home. I'm not aiming to publish every single photo I take, so people won't go to the exhibitions or the museums, because they have already seen it on the Internet.

But pictures do have another goal for me. I want to be able to go back and remember those experiences that I have had. Maybe because of subject being in question again, or just because I want to. What did I really learn there? What did I really see?

Maybe I publish one or some pictures on this blog or on Facebook. But somehow, I reckon, it could be seen as marketing for them... something that can make someone else to pay attention to the exhibition, and from that, decide to go there him- or herself. At least, I have being tipped on Facebook about things I later visited. But without that status, I may have missed that exhibition or whatever it is all about.

Maybe I take this to my heart a bit hard, and that is probably because I am a person that take photos of about everything I find interesting. It feels good, somehow, still having pieces from the past, and how funny and interesting I see it in the future, I probably tasted when I found my diary from being 14 to 17 years. These days, I know more about and the world, and from that, I can meet my younger me out of new perspectives.

Prohibitions are not really my thing. And foremost, not those kind of silly ones. But but... Go go go... just, I won't go there, paying expensive entrances if I can't take my photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment