Tuesday 3 February 2015

Better, but not the best

Part of Crawla lugnt in Hälsa 7/2013
For a couple of years ago, in 2012, I started to swim. I have always considered med as a slow simmer and mosly I liked to do the backstroke, which was fine in the summer lakes, but in the public swimming pool, where people were about everywhere, it had to be breaststroke.

I swam and I swam, and I looked at all the skilled swimmers at the other side of the line, crawling length after length. Hmm... for me crawl had been a swimming style boys used in school when teacher didn't see or when we were able to play in the water. But for school, we only learnt breaststroke and backstroke.

But the more I saw these skilled women and men, I got used to the idea of testing crawl myself. I listened when trainers explained and watched when trainers showed. And I tested whatever I heard and saw. At last, I found my tact in my own crawling and today, I am not consider myself as a slow swimmer, but if I am exposed to a skilled competitive swimmer... I rest my case.

In the Swedish magazine I read that breaststroke has been the style, schools taught, but it gets more ordinary that children learn to crawl in school.

To master crawl make you feel safer in the water, and if there is an accident, you'll easier and faster be able to move yourself into safety. But the swimming style is also an effective and kind workout which is not being a strain on knees and joints. Furthermore, crawling, and skiing, are the most calorie burning sports, magazine Hälsa means.


REFERENCE:
Müller, Kristina (2013). Crawla lugnt. Hälsa 7/2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment