Sunday 8 February 2015

Emmerdale

Yesterday, I started the Facebookpage Catscapades, where I can take pictures of all the cats I have under my roof. There has been a need for that for a long time. At last, I can entertain other people with my pictures. Funny, funny! So, click on the link above and like! It's in English, so are you able to read this, you are able to read there. :-)

Today, I've prolonged a pay monthly mobile subscription, got some food home from the store and spent a couple of hours in front of the computer watching Emmerdale. A Sunday as good as any. Sometimes, you just have to do nothing. :-)

That serial, and maybe the signature melody, has something special for me. When I was just a couple of years, my grand mother used to take care of me while my mother worked. She used to watch Emmerdale. I couldn't read the subtitles, couldn't understand what they were saying and for me it was just a boring time when I just had to wait for this serial to stop. I remember the signature melody, the green grounds and I remember a man with sideburns in a pub.

A lot later, I found this serial on the telly, and I have watched it on and off. I am associating this with my grandmother Ida (who died in 2009). Nowadays, however, I do understand what the characters are saying, and if I want text (I watch it at TV4 Play), I can read that too. Nowadays, I find it as a nice little serial, not the deadly boring time I just wished could pass once and for all. Signature is still there, but the green grounds are replaced to house views (I think the old one had more charm, but I do understand they want to renew), man with the sideburns is gone, but the pub is still there (odd... it's England). :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment