Thursday 5 February 2015

The River is Ready to Reveal its Ancient Secrets

The novel River of Destiny has both Vikings and Anglo-Saxons, both people from the Victorian time and people from today. Three times are united through ship in shadows, ghosts, horse nails and sound from hooves, through a sword and buildings, and love and infidelity.

I have previously read a couple of books by the British author Barbara Erskine, and liked those, so when I found this in the central Tesco in Carlisle in 2013, I thought it was an obvious purchase. But it was for the shelf, until for a couple of months ago, when I finally started to read this book. It didn't make me disappointed.

I do not want to spoil the book by telling you too much, so I just confine myself to recommend it.




No comments:

Post a Comment