Thursday 3 July 2014

A Long Way to Carlisle, part 1: History in the Great Border City

From the beginning to the end... no, hopefully life isn't over right now. In this blog, under the headline A Long Way to Carlisle, I will present thoughts, ideas and plain facts about me, how I am and became that, and how Carlisle became my city number 2, at least emotionally.

In the end of  February 2013, I started my very first trip to Carlisle. And then, I have known the city for a couple of months. I learnt quite soon that Carlisle was the first English city from Scotland, and last English cit before the wild land. And there is much history in that attitude. As I found Carlisle in connection with me writing about border reivers, I decided to visit this city.

I will get into how I found Carlisle more precisely, but I will not start there. That is a bit delicate to me right now. 



No comments:

Post a Comment