Tuesday 8 July 2014

A Long Way to Carlisle, part 5: Abortion and illitteracy

ScreenPlace and screenwriting was a period of my life. Instructive and worthwile also, as I think I get more out of life when I know what work that is behind it.

Journalism stayed. In the school paper, Opus, I had two articles: one about abortion and one about illiteracy. The latter one I wrote with a fellow student. I was to visit a lesson in Swedish as a second language for that article, and from that I gained an insight worthwile..



I wrote the article about abortion because I don't like abortion. I am no opponent of abortion as I can see it being needed in some cases. But for my own part it is a no-no. Six children I have, and no abortion I have done. Even if I didn't wish for that to happen all the times, I am very glad that I have all of my kids today.

In this question, I have been challenged since I was 13 - some years before my oldest child was born, however. But at that time I was determined, I was not having any abortion ever, no matter what situation I was up against.




And a picture of me from the backside of the magazine, where the editorial staff was fronted.

No comments:

Post a Comment