Saturday 12 July 2014

File or bin bag - not a very difficult choice

At last... this morning I decided to sort all the school things my youngest children brought home from school in June - when summer holiday starts in Sweden. All the relevant things are put into commemorative hard covers. But it got me thinking.

One child's stuff came home in a file, that the child made and had drawn on.
The other child's things came in a big bin bag.

Hmm... I imagine that if a child has to put his or her things into a big bin bag, you (school) tell the child that everything he or she did during the year, everything he or she worked on, everything he or she learnt, is to be seen as litter.

I, as a parent, thought it was more pleasant, going through the file than the bin bag, but that was also due to another factor. A file preserves stuff better than a bin bag does. In a bin bag, stuff just get really crumpled.

No comments:

Post a Comment