Sunday 20 July 2014

A Long Way to Carlisle, part 12: Charged for an answered question

Book store charges for each question that a seller answers. About £3 for a selling contact (and this was in 1998). That is something!

Some peculiar news item I found. A sort of situation that for me as a journalist is a bit fun. That is so obvious that they shoot them selves in their feet when they acting like that.

The company Boktjänst Direkt is not very present on the Internet nowadays, about 16 years after the article, but at that time, in the article, they defended their action with they being flooded by questions, and the customer buying the book wouldn't need to pay that cost.

Okay... some sort of selling technique: I've already paid £3, so if the book costs actually £6, I only need to pay £3 more. Or you can call it blackmail: buy the book, otherwise you pay an asking price. For my own part, I would go to a book store that didn't charged me for asking questions. I could be really tight-fisted in such a case.

No comments:

Post a Comment